Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Where did the time go?

As of yesterday, I only have three weeks left in France.  It feels much like the chocolate truffle in my mouth- a little bitter, a little sweet, and so rich.  This is not to say that my leaving is rich, but more my experience has been rich.  Here are some things I have learned thus far:

-Getting from place to place, hurrying along, and not appreciating what is around you is futile.
-Not everyone can be (or should be) as obsessive compulsive as me when it comes to organization.
-This has been proven over and over again to me: God will provide you with a family even when you're away from your own.
-Learning another language in another country is more exhausting than you can imagine.
-Showers don't need to be attached to the wall.
-Saying you are from Chicago now is associated with Obama as well as Capone.
-Americans tend to get a bad rap- and for true reasons.  Let's try to change that, shall we?
-Saying all Frenchmen are rude is like saying all Americans are New Yorkers.
-French cuisine surpasses any other country's cuisine.  No contest.
-It is amazingly difficult to deal with sorrow in another country, but in the end (I hope) it will make you stronger.
-The French are all about public transportation, and it is fantastic.
-French shoes are great.

Obviously, I have learned more: such as correct grammatical phrasing, how pronouncing one letter differently in a word can mean something entirely different, and other educational things.  However, the above list is what I have found to be most important, as least, from thinking off the top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment