Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ireland

I again apologize for the delay.  I'll get around to explaining that soon.

After yet another ridiculous experience with the airplane, Camille, Jacqueline, and I arrived in Dublin to be met by my mom's friend, Linda.  By the time we got to her house, we were all so exhausted (and I was starting to get sick), we just stayed in, ordered a pizza, and watched Friends.
The next day, Linda graciously offered to take us to New Grange and Monasterboice.  New Grange is the oldest burial site in the world-even older than the pyramids- and it was incroyable.  After a quick lunch, we headed off to Monasterboice, and got lost twice on the way there.  Monasterboice is a cemetery with the most beautiful Irish crosses I have ever seen.  On the way back to her house, Linda dropped us off at the bus stop and we went to Dublin.  By the time we got there, we were very hungry and night was falling, so we headed to Temple Bar for dinner and drinks.  Let me just say, Irish pubs are probably the most exciting and fun environment ever created.  There is live music at every pub at night, and each one is so packed you would think you were at the Paris Disney store at Christmas.  Let me rephrase, you would think you were in a mosh pit.  We headed upstairs, where there was a very attractive bartender who let us try different beers before ordering, and ate dinner.  I know there are some people who absolutely love Guinness, but let me say this: Guinness is the most disgusting drink I have ever tasted.  I only ordered a half pint, and was determined to finish it, which I did eventually, but not without gagging.  We did some shopping in that area, went to another pub to listen to music, and then headed back to Linda's. 
On our last day, we went back to Dublin and made it there in time for breakfast.  We did some sightseeing, had coffee at Bewley's (thank you to my sister for sending me recommendations), and went to see the Guinness factory.  It was a whole lot of walking, so when the time came to go back to Linda's to make dinner, it was very welcome.  We made dinner for Linda and that evening watched some of her favorite shows with her.
Overall, a lovely trip to Ireland, and a wonderful fall break.  And now, some photos.
















No comments:

Post a Comment