Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Ode to Public Transportation

I don't know what it is about public transportation that is so seductively calming.  Perhaps it is the gentle rocking of the car as you hear the motor groan, or maybe just the idea that you are going somewhere.  At the moment, I am in somewhat of a state of euphoria, having just spent the past three hours sitting in a cafe reading, writing letters, and listening to Jars of Clay just loud enough to make me blissfully unaware of the Stephanoise going in and out of the cafe.  It could also be that after spending so long in a cafe doing things I enjoy in solitude, I walked around a lovely area complete with old buildings, a large church, several fountains, and a gazebo.  Or maybe that my fingers, exposed to the bitter sting of an early winter through my newly made fingerless gloves, were being warmed by a freshly made Nutella crepe at a stand next to the gazebo.  The combination of all of these things which leaves me so relaxed that I feel like I just took a three hour long bubble bath complete with scented candles and classical music, made me nearly miss my bus stop.  Ah, such bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment