Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm in love! I'm in love! And I don't care who knows it!

I'm serious, this is insane.  I am head over heels, madly in love with the most fantastic coffee shop. 
Yesterday, I decided to go to a coffee shop I went to with Charlotte and Camille last week to read and journal before meeting up with Ben and Charlotte.  I went down to Place Jean Jaures, but I couldn't find the place, so I found Cafe Life, which is where we will be having Bible study every week.  I went in, and it was empty.  Then, a guy who looked a bit like a Yooper, came out and asked what he could make for me (in French of course).  I didn't hear him, so I said "Pardon?"  and he said (in English), "Oh, you don't speak French?"  I then explained that I did, and I was an American student at Jean Monnet.  We talked for a while and he made me a peach lemonade, and then asked if he could give it to me for free because I'm American!
After about an hour and a half of reading my Bible, journaling, and reading Three Cups of Tea, I looked up and Ben walked in.  We were both surprised to see each other there, as we weren't meeting for another half hour, and Sebastian came out to greet him.  When he realized that Ben and I knew each other, he said to me "I knew it!  I knew you were a Christian!  I was about to ask if you had a church to go to!"  How cool is it that brothers and sisters in Christ recognize each other? 
Back to this coffee shop.  It reminds me of La Spiaza, as it has creaky wooden floorboards, and big chairs, and great music.  It's just down the street from Jean Jaures, so you can still hear the sounds of the fountains and busy streets, but it's just far enough away that you feel somewhat enclosed.  I just love it there.
Yesterday ended up being one of the best days that I've had.  Hanging out with Ben and Charlotte just made my day even better.  I really am blessed to have them in my life.  I'm thinking that I'll end up back there at least twice a week.  It may get expensive, but I'll have to just order cheap stuff!

2 comments:

  1. ya! i love it! this makes me so happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been watching Elf? You've been quoting it a lot lately. :)

    ReplyDelete